March 22, 2011

Mine is a Simple Style

Whatever fashion sense I have, I doubt it could be called flashy. There was that one time back in 6th grade where bright-blue glitter eyeshadow was my favorite thing, but that was a dark time we no longer speak of. Now-a-days, my fashion is simple. Simple and comfortable. Simple, comfortable and easy. Just how I like my tea. And life.

Today, I wanted to wear an outfit that would define my fashion-sense for all you lovely beings out there. This is that outfit:

{Sweater: My Dad's closet, Jeans: Target, Boots: Steve Madden, Necklace: Heartsmith}

Now, here's the issue: while I love this outfit, I don't really think it defines my fashion-sense. Maybe it defines  today's style, but this certainly isn't how I always look. On any given day, I could easily be mistaken for a Muppet out of The Labyrinth or Anne Hathaway after her makeover in The Devil Wears Prada. It really all depends.

A lot of factors go into the creation of an outfit. Today's factors were weather, work, and limited selection. Basically, it's raining, I had to go into work and all my fabulously expensive outfits were at the cleaners... Indefinitely. Don't worry, none of those things got me down! No, ma'am. But this situation did require thinking outside of the box -- or rather, thinking outside my closet. I meandered recklessly through my house, searching for some spark of inspiration. From room to room I went, leaving no drawer unopened, no door left shut. 

When I came to my father's room, I had little hope that this would be the place to find my outfit. Boy, was I wrong! Father's closets are goldmines. Huge sweaters for the hugging, button down shirts for the tucking! The moment I saw that sweater you see above, I knew I had met my match. Thick, substantial cotton. An interesting, accentual pattern. The perfect mate for a gloomy day.

While fashion isn't my main love, I do enjoy creating outfits now and then. It's an easy way to give your overall confidence a little boost. Whenever I wear something worth showing, I promise you'll be the first to know. After all, fashion is more fun when you share it!


2 comments:

Sylvia said...

yay! this sweater is so cute, trish. (why do i keep saying yay?) please continue to share your style, sistah.

i wander, i wonder

Alicia said...

Love that you are soooo positive! Reading your blog just makes me a happy girl! Love the necklace and the way you write ;) Thanks for following my blog, I will definitely follow you too. Have a nice day!

x