December 1, 2011

Building Up

Well, it wasn't the email I was hoping for. My recruiter informed me that I hadn't been nominated just yet. Was that something I was expecting? Not exactly. Should I have expected it? Probably.

While of course I am disappointed that my journey has been momentarily set back, I can't say I'm discouraged. In fact, I'm excited. This is just another facet of the adventure. I was told to continue volunteering, to really do what I could to make myself a more competitive applicant. And I fully intend to do just that. I need to build myself, and make myself the best volunteer I can possibly be while I'm still here in the States before I set sail to become one on a distant land.

So far, I'm looking into tutoring, particularly with those who are non-native speakers. ESL programs and the like. Also, I want to start a course for TEFL. I think that'll be helpful in the long run. I also intend to email my recruiter to see if he knows of any programs that could be particularly useful in making me a better volunteer and applicant.

This is only the beginning. From this point out, my focus will be on becoming the best, most competitive applicant I can possibly be.

Happy Building!

1 comment:

Fran_tabulous said...

If you're ever in need of finding volunteer opportunities please let me know! Way to keep positive about things that may or may-not work out for you! It's all a part of your plan sunshine.